Our mission is to provide the best return
for our owners while providing the
best housing experience for our tenants.
So Cal Realtors Platinum property management division, is here to assist the owner of single family properties to multi-units in Our responsibilities are detailed below:
Responsible for Rents
We determine the initial rent level, collecting rent from tenants and adjusting the rent.
• Setting Rent– we know how to set the right rent level to attract tenants to your property. We have an understanding of the market where the property is located and have looked at comparable properties in the area.
• Collecting Rent– we play the role of the enforcer. We ensure optimal cash flow by setting a date to collect rent each month and strictly enforcing prompt payments.
• Adjusting Rent– we can increase the rent by a fixed percentage each year, according to individual state and/or municipal law. We can also decrease the rent if we deem it necessary.
Responsible for Tenants
One of our main responsibilities is to manage tenants. We are involved in all capacities, from finding the tenants and dealing with complaints to initiating evictions.
• Finding Tenants– property managers are responsible for marketing the property to fill vacancies. They know where to advertise and what to include in their ads. They also understand what attracts tenants, so they can suggest making cosmetic improvements to help makeover the property.
• Screening Tenants– we are responsible for sorting through the prospective tenant applications to find the tenant that is the best fit for your property. We have a consistent screening process, including running credit checks and criminal background checks, which can decrease your chances of being accused of discrimination. Our experience as property managers has given us a better idea of how to select the right tenants; those who will pay their rent on time, have a longer tenancy and create fewer problems.
• Handling Leases– we are responsible for setting the length of the lease and making sure it has all the necessary provisions to protect the owner. This includes determining the amount of security deposit required.
• Handling Complaints/Emergencies– we are paid to deal with maintenance requests, noise complaints and have the necessary contacts to handle emergency situations.
• Handling Move Outs-when a tenant moves out, we are responsible for inspecting the unit, checking for damages and determining what portion of the security deposit will be returned to the tenant. After move out, we are responsible for cleaning the unit, repairing any damages and finding a new tenant.
• Dealing With Evictions –when a tenant does not pay rent or otherwise breaches the terms of a lease, we understands the proper way to file and move forward with an eviction.
Responsible for Maintenance and Repairs
We are responsible for the physical management of the property, including regular maintenance and emergency repairs.
• Maintenance– we are in charge of performing preventative property maintenance to keep the property functioning in top condition. For example, we are personally in charge of, or must hire someone to, exterminate, landscape, and remove trash. This maintenance aims to keep current tenants happy and attract new tenants.
• Repairs-when there is an issue, we will check the issue at hand and if it is simple enough we will handle the repair or call the home warranty company to send out a technician to resolve the issue. We do have a network of reliable plumbers, electricians, and other contractors, in the event the repair is not covered under the warranty.
Responsible for Knowledge of Landlord-Tenant Law
We have a thorough knowledge of statewide and local laws and codes regarding the proper ways to:
• Screen a tenant
• Handle security deposits
• Terminate a lease
• Evict a tenant
• Comply with property safety standards
Responsible for Supervising
Vacant Properties – we look after vacant properties to make sure there has been no vandalism and to perform routine maintenance. We also make sure contractors and other repairmen are completing their work in a timely manner.
Responsible for Maintaining Records
• Maintaining Records- we keep thorough records regarding the property. This includes all income and expenses; list of all inspections, signed leases, maintenance requests, any complaints, records of repairs, costs of repairs, maintenance costs, record of rent collection.
Responsible for Taxes
• We can assist the property owner with understanding how to file taxes for the investment property.
• We can also file taxes for the property for our out-of-state owners